My Sri Lankan AIESEC Internship experience with JLC -Karina Prokopchuk-




My AIESEC journey has started with my internship in Sri Lanka. It was for sure the most challenging, impactful and life-changing XP in my life so far.

            “I remember the moment when I’ve landed in Colombo. That very second I felt that it’s a tiny beginning of something immense. But for sure I didn’t expect that less then in 1 year I would have conversations with representatives of AIESEC International on one of the biggest regional conferences being LCP elect of my LC . That’s the value of AIESEC. You never know how far and how fast it will take you”
My project called “Inzpire 2.0” was initiated by AIESEC in University of Sri Jayewardenepura.
I personally believe that the project is very relevant because the development of entrepreneurship may be the fundamental solution for most of the burning issues in the country. I felt that what everyone of us was doing was directly effecting not only our personal development but the society we were interacting in. After one of the school sessions one of the students came up to me and said: “ Thank you for coming. Now I really think about establishing my own start up”. At that moment I realized that these words were what I came for. It was not about meeting new people or seeing new places anymore, it was about having a new prospective of everything, knowing what kind of person you want to become and how to achieve it. That’s why I strongly believe that GCDP is the most genuine leadership provider for youth nowadays.

After coming back to Ukraine I immediately joined AIESEC as a team member of oGCDP. This XP has taught me to be more self-aware to realize what I’m really good at and how to apply it in my everyday life.
Currently I’m LCVP of Talent Management.
This part of my AIESEC journey has proven that the best way of learning is “Learning by doing” Where else would you get a chance to manage a team at your twenties? I can surely say, that never before through any other activity I realized that I have some leadership potential and what’s more, I didn’t expect that very soon people would entrust me a responsibility to lead the whole LC in the term 2016/17. Now I truly believe that all the qualities and personal characteristics can be developed through constant trying, failing and again trying.

“During my term as VP I was getting daily chances to change the world
 around me and daily challenges to change myself ”

Now my LCVP TM term slowly comes to its end and I often recall my internship in Sri Lanka. If not for it, would I be able to achieve such results? Probably I would… but for the sake of my own personal development. Now, I’m confident that what we do really makes change happen. Even if we change one person at a time. like we did in “Inzpire“.












You Might Also Like

0 comments