My Experience at JXDS 5.0



 
Participating for JXLDS 5.0 was a turning point in my life. Being a newbie to AIESEC, I did not understand much about how the organization work therefore my aim was to learn about it and to explore areas that I can develop myself. The experience was better than I ever hoped for because I not only got the learning that I was looking for but I also had so much fun through the sessions that was conducted. I was able to recognize my strengths and weakness and most importantly I learnt how to let go of the weaknesses and motivate myself to achieve a goal. At the end of the day I’m happy to say that I found a family through many people that I met in the conference and I’m determined to work in my function to make JLC family proud. It is true to say that I fell in love with AIESEC because of JXLDS 5.0 

Athmi Gamage.
Team Member
Outgoing Exchange function




     JXLDS was the first ever conference that made me challenge myself and also it was the first conference I facilitated as well as where I worked as the agenda manager. From JXLDS 3.0-5.0 the journey has been amazing and these three conferences made a huge positive impact on me. Being a facilitator for this conference was a big challenge. We needed to give our best to deliver a great conference. There were many sleepless nights spent on thinking, arguing and designing the ways to make this a success. But it was all done with pure love to present a life changing conference to our young blood. The end of JXLDS 5.0 was an emotional roller-coaster because it being my last conference and also the overwhelming responses from the delegates attended, made it impossible to leave the JLC family. The conference was a combination of so many emotions, energy, positive vibes and also a lot of dancing! At the end of the conference I decided to be a change agent in untouched issues in Sri Lanka; that is the sort of impact you have after a truly amazing conference. For me, JXLDS was my life changer.


Damith D. Mahaliyanage
Local Committee Vice President for Talent Management 15/16





[Damith D. Mahaliyanage ( a.k.a DD ) began his AIESEC career in JLC as a Team Leader in OGX and out of many positions he has held in his career, includes LCVP OGX 14/15, FACI JXLDS 4.0 and Agenda manager JXLDS 5.0. As he bids his adieu to the JLC family we wish him well for all his future endeavors.]

You Might Also Like

0 comments