My Adventure from Japura to World - FLY with AIESEC


Talking about my Internship experience.yes I can say it was a life changing experience! Well I went for my internship to Indonesia. My project was Social Entrepreneurship ITB and it was done by the ITB University in Bandung. This internship nurtured me in different ways. I made so many friends from different countries. [Brazil, Indonesia, Russia, Vietnam, China, Finland, Italy]. I learnt about the problems EPs face in a different country, had a perfect cross cultural experience, learnt about small medium businesses in other countries and the problems they face. Moreover, I learnt how to work as a team in a totally different working environment and how we can use our theoretical knowledge in practical scenarios.”
Isuru Laknath
Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce
University of Sri Jayewardenepura
Sri Lanka


“During the one and a half months stay at Visamo, we were able to explore different dimensions in our lives and to gain memories for a lifetime. We got the opportunity of working with bunch of amazing kids who are extraordinary talented. The children broadened our horizons to discover Indian culture and how hospitable they can be. The Children not only created a strong bond with us, but also made us miss them ever since the day we were to leave Visamo got closer.”
Ganga Bandara and Ishani Karunadasa
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
University of Sri Jayewardenepura
Sri Lanka


“This AIESEC internship helped me to clearly understand and evaluate myself better and taught me many life lessons while uplifting my self-confidence to survive away from my comfort zone. I was to able to leave with a long lasting impact on the society of Jodhpur by touching the lives of many. Most importantly, this experience gave me the courage to apply and get selected as one of the Vice Presidents for my Local Committee in AIESEC in Sri Lanka after coming back. So I am always thankful to AIESEC for providing me with this life changing internship experience.”
Haritha Ranawaka
Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce
University of Sri Jayewardenepura
       Sri Lanka


“It was cross cultural education at its best. AIESECers there were really friendly, supportive and helpful. This was a main reason behind our pleasant stay in Jodhpur. We also managed to travel around during our free time in weekends. These trips were filled with fun, new experiences and adventure. One of the most touching memories were playing in the moonlit sand mountains and lying on the soft sand while watching the starry heavens above. Saying goodbyes to that beautiful place was one of the hardest things I have ever done. In those six weeks I got experiences of a lifetime. I made lifelong friends not only in India but also in many other countries and gathered beautiful memories that I would cherish forever. I am so glad that I took this opportunity and given again I would grab it in a heartbeat.”
Umedha Ranasinghe
Faculty of Applied Sciences
University of Sri Jayewardenepura
Sri Lanka


You Might Also Like

0 comments