"My AIESEC Experience" by Mahishi Wijesundara

AIESEC, What AIESEC is for me? It is the place where I have identified my true self. When I first joined AIESEC in JLC I didn`t know why I have to be an AIESECer. I was first joined as a team member of the GIP function, where I have gained the corporate exposure and built the corporate person within me. 

Then it comes to the turning point of my AIESEC career as well as my life .It was the NATCON 2015.It showed me the path and made me think why I should not take the next step in my AIESEC career.

Then I was appointed as a team leader of the GIP function. There I could able to give the corporate exposure to my team members.
Then I was appointed as the Organizing Committee President of TRIBUTE, the awards ceremony of AIESEC in JLC. That was another huge step in my life as I had exposed myself to another set of experiences.
Then it comes to the greatest achievement of my AIESEC career. That is ,I have been appointed as the Organizing Committee President of the National Leadership Development Seminar 2015,Which was the largest conference organized by AIESEC in Sri Lanka and that was the biggest project AIESEC in Sri Lanka has ever hosted so far. 

Being the Organizing Committee President of this conference ,made me the person who I am today with lots of experience, courage and maturity. In there I worked with the undergraduates from different universities in Sri Lanka, Undergraduates from the foreign universities, corporate sector, alumnais, etc. The experience I gained through this cannot be summarized by using words.That is for the life time.

Those are some milestones in my AIESEC career which added value to me and made me realized how valuable I am. So AIESEC in JLC is the place where I have started to change my life by being more open minded and a solution driven person while understanding who I am. Now I am in the path of being a full time human being. Take the step and identify the hidden potential within you.

You Might Also Like

0 comments