"My AIESEC Experience" by Haridu Vihanga Weerasinghe

In my first year last semester I joined with AIESEC the awesome organization. First I worked under Poornima who was the Team Leader of Fusion 2.0 project which was about cultural sharing as a member.There I had to perform number of tasks which were out of my comfort zone. Working with Foreign under-graduates was the most interesting part of that project for me. While doing school sessions acting as AIESEC as well as university representatives gives a lot of experiences and of course the confidence. Participating for all projects was my target and finally I could achieved it. We did Fusion cultural show in Mahamaya Balika in Nugegoda one of the long lasting memory I have.

Then I became the Team Leader of INZPIRE 3.0 project. Which was the life changing project for me. Until I take that responsibility I did not know such a role I could play ever. From finding accommodation to last fare-well party I was there and collected everlasting experiences.

We did interviews with well-known Entrepreneurs and share their valuable experiences with school children. Actually I believe it did huge impact in school children’s mind to think about future in different angles.While I was doing this I got an opportunity to visit Knuckles and stay there one night with foreign undergraduates and few local friends which was an unforgettable experience for everyone. Where we marked our first step of adventurous trips. Coldness, sharing love, affection, determination, fun always there with us in that trip. Then we went Galle for an interview. Our journey turned into adventure by first step when we missed our night mail in our eye sight. Train carried all my local members there, I and my OCVP matching Amal was there and we had to go with our back-up plan. There I had to take dual responsibility. One to keep constant contact with my members in train and take EPs safely to Galle. I could do it.



We prepared our EPs for Global village event and to our delight it became most attractive performance in that day. We went Nuwara Eliya, Sigiriya, Negambo, Kandy, Anuradhapura and number of outings during that project. Every time we stayed at one of our member’s house and felt the awesome welcome every time.

Actually AIESEC became my life, it created everlasting friendships and memories. Actually AIESEC changed me for better. I love AIESEC.


  


You Might Also Like

0 comments